2) Turn off your location data in mobile apps
3) Don't download too many apps on your phone, and with the ones you do, read the fine print carefully. Be aware of what are you allowing the app to do.
4) Use complicated passwords. Apps like KeypassX allow us to keep passwords that are over 50 characters long
5) Some tools allow others a peek into calls
6) Use a black tape on a webcam when not in use
7) Learn basic encryption to protect email
8) Don't hand out your primary email or phone number to consumer companies