- Hyderabad University row: 25 students and two faculty members get bail as classes resume on campus.
- An Indian software engineer has been declared dead in the serial bomb attacks in Brussels last Tuesday.
- The Aadhaar Act has been notified, paving the way for statutory backing of the unique identity number being used to transfer subsidies and welfare benefits to eligible persons.
- The Supreme Court will study the legality of triple talaq.
- World Twenty20: South Africa end their campaign with an eight-wicket win over Sri Lanka in a dead rubber
“Only Nixon could go to China”: The one phrase that explains how a right-wing hawk like Modi could actually allow Pakistan far more concessions than centrist parties like the Congress.
1. The Left-Congress alliance in Bengal is actually putting up a pretty good fight, if this opinion poll is to be believed.
2. Now Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh head, Mohan Bhagwat says, “Don’t force anyone to say ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai.'"
3. Kolkata: Two cops suspended for trying to bribe BJP leader Rahul Sinha in “cow smuggling” case.
1. Ashok Desia writes in the Telegraph about how Raghuram Rajan, the governor of the Reserve Bank of India, is trying to knock some sense into Delhi power elite.
2. President’s rule in Uttarakhand raises fears of federal over-reach and misuse of Article 356, says this edit in the Times of India.
3. Aadhaar legislation points to the need for a comprehensive privacy law, writes Apar Gupta in the Indian Express.
Aarefa Johri explains how health insurance policies and hospital malpractices take patients for a ride.